With a few tweaks to suit their palate, this mouth-watering recipe is sure to knock you off! Taste wise.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy Ravishankar Sarkar
- I kilo of Pork meat (non-lean – since that’s the way we like it) cut into medium cubes
- Quarter Cup – Red Wine Vinegar
- Quarter Cup – Malt Vinegar
- 1 tsp – Sugar
- 2 tsp – Salt
- 4 Cloves
- 5 Green Cardamoms
- 12 Whole Red Chillies
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tsp Ground Black Peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 20 Garlic Cloves
- ½ inch Ginger
- 2 Finely Chopped Onions
- 10 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 10 Baby Potatoes
- 750 ml Hot Water
- 1. Marinate the meat with the listed items and set aside for 4-5 hours.
- 2. Make a paste of the ingredients listed under Spice paste and set aside
- 3. Boil the baby potatoes, skin them, apply salt, fry them and once cooked, remove and set aside
- 4. Heat oil in a wok/kadai and fry the onions until brown.
- 5. Add the spice paste, sauté on low for a while until the masala is cooked and the oil separates.
- 6. Increase the heat and add the meat along with the marinade.
- 7. Mix well, stir off and on and sauté for about 3 minutes and then add hot water.
- 8. Cover, allow the meat to simmer and cook on low. Add salt too.
- 9. Once the meat is almost done, add the baby potatoes and whole garlic cloves.
- 10. Allow the meat to completely cook and you have adequate sauce.
- 11. Serve with steamed rice.
Copyright Ranna Bati